Church Hall and Glebe Meadow
SSt Peter’s Church Hall, off Limpsfield High Street opposite the church, is one of the best equipped halls in the Oxted/Limpsfield area.
The building consists of:
- The Glebe Room is used every day in term-time by the Panda Pre-School Nursery
- At other times it is used for small meetings or together with the Main hall for larger events. The main hall can seat up to 180 for a dinner or reception
- The well-equipped kitchen has separate hatches to the Main Hall and Glebe Room
- The main entrance leads into a hallway for cloaks etc and ladies’, gentlemen’s and disabled persons’ WCs
- There is car parking adjacent to the hall with bays and ramped access for the disabled
- A deaf loop is installed and audio equipment is available for authorised users
- Wide screen for films, AV presentations etc is also available for authorised users
- From Summer 2015: The Glebe Meadow and pavilion are also available for rental for outdoor concerts, picnics and weddings.The Glebe Meadow is just minutes walking distance from St Peter’s church. Marquees permitted following agreement with Hall and Glebe Meadow committee.
|Main Hall||Glebe Room||Exclusive|
|Per hour (excluding Friday & Saturday evenings) - Min: 2 hours charge||£20.00||£10.00||N/A|
|Friday & Saturday evenings from 7.00 pm - 11.30 pm (Non charity events)||N/A||N/A||£150|
|Friday & Saturday evenings from 7.00 pm - 11.30 pm (Charity/ church events)||N/A||N/A||£120|
|Special rate per hour for 4 hours or more (am or pm)||£17.00||N/A||N/A|
(Minimum 4 hour period 8.00 am to 1.00 pm or 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm. Overlap sessions charged at standard hourly rate).
All evening bookings must finish by 11.30pm.
The Glebe Meadow and pavilion space is managed by the Hall & Glebe Field committee. Each event will be individually priced. For booking, please contact Pat Davies Tel 01883 716487 or email: email@example.com
- Regular users may be offered a discount on charges not already discounted at the discretion of St Peter’s Hall committee. Any discount offered will depend on the user’s history of bookings and yearly hours booked.
- Regular users are those defined as those who pay in advance and provide dates at least 3 months in advance.
- Where only the Main Hall or Glebe Room are booked facilities may be shared with other users
- Any other discounts may be offered at the discretion of the committee
- The committee reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee
- Children’s parties will be limited in age to 10
Bar charge – £20.00
Crockery/Table hire – Available on request
Children’s parties (Saturday/Sunday 2.00 pm to 6.00pm) – £65.00 for the exclusive use of the whole building
As there is no council waste or paper collections, all hirers must remove both food waste and paper/cardboard.
All enquiries regarding charges and availability should be made to the Booking Secretary, Pat Davies, tel no. 01883-716487 (10.00 am to 1.00 pm Mondays to Fridays) or e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see the Conditions of Hire please use the adjacent link Terms and Conditions for Hire
The Sale of Alcohol
The Hall has a Premises Licence for entertainment (music, stage shows, films, etc) but not for the sale of alcohol. However, the Hall is allowed 12 Temporary Event Notices (TENs) in any 12 month period permitting the sale of alcohol at specified events. Approximately half of these are resrved for church functions, leaving the remainder to be allocated by the bookings Secretary to outside users on a first-come first served basis. When these have been used up alcohol cannot be legally sold at other events. Note that there is no restriction on alcohol being served at a function such as a party or wedding reception. It is only the sale of alcohol which is prohibited. This prohibition includes funftions where the cost of alcohlic drinks is included in the price of the admission ticket.
If you are organising an event at which you wish to sell alcohol, the first step is to check with the Bookings Secretary whether there are any unallocated TENs left in the Current Period. If there are any still to spare, the organiser of the event then has to apply to Tandridge District Council for a TEN. The council should be given a minimum of two weeks notice. On receiving the TEN, the organiser should give a copy to the bookings Secretary, so that she has a record of the TENs that have been issued. The booking will not be accepted if this procedure is not followed.